Sunday 18 November 2012

Why?

~It's not that I'm super religious or anything. Lord knows I can't wait till I'm married to do it.
~It's not that I'm not attractive....I think... I hope... Oh no, that is it, isn't it? It's cause I'm ugly? *sobs*
~It's not that I'm one of those hippie *my-body-is-a-temple-and-I-won't-degrade-it* kinda people. I pop Maryland Cookies like they're tic tacs. Temple alright, temple of fooooood.
~It's not that I was home schooled. Or went to a Catholic school (why does that keep coming up?). Or a boarding school. Or a *insert different schooling system here* school.
~It's not that I'm not attracted to guys. After watching the new Mumford and Sons video, I had to take a shower. A cold one.
~It's not that there wasn't any opportunity. There always is opportunity. Guess just not the right kind.
~It's not that I think I'm better than anyone. In any way. Stronger, smarter, more innocent or worth more.
It doesn't define me. Any more than it should define others.
~It's not that I think I'm less than anyone. Less sexy, less seductive, less of a woman. It doesn't define me. Any more than it should define others.
~It's not something I pat myself on the back for. I didn't suffer to keep it. I didn't work hard to keep it. It's not an achievement. It just is.
       It's just a decision. Made over time, for me. Who knows when it'll happen. And why. But it's just a thing. I've never been to Cancun, Never seen the pyramids and never had sex. Fin. Fini. Finito. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment