Tuesday 4 December 2012

It Takes Two :)

The thing I realised after writing "What's the Big Deal" is that it was a completely biased, ignorant, dumb-dumb post. That was just AN opinion, one person's very biased, slightly pissed off opinion. And that's not what this blog is about. If you google virginity, all you see is stuff about protecting it, and how you're so awesome for keeping it, and oh how cool and good it is that you fought peer pressure and all that, but I don't feel that way. Honestly, it's kinda like there was a war and I didn't know and I killed the bad dude by mistake. And I don't want the label of pure and innocent and do-gooder, not that those aren't awesome labels, I just don't want a label at all. They're no sites to talk about how scared you are 'cause you're literally like the last person in the entire postcode over the age of 18 who's holding out. How you don't know how to tell guys you like that you're still a virgin, how worried you are that they'll think it's a turn off, how petrified you are that people will laugh, and I dunno, call you ugly (I really hope that's not why! :/). It's like there are these two sides, people who have actively decided not to do it, and people who have. What about the rest of us, the one's who, honest to God, just haven't gotten round to it? How do we deal with all the added angst from the one side who insists that we should wait, or the other said who thinks we're odd for having stayed so long? How do we survive with everyone talking about sex, and why you should do it, or why you shouldn't and when you shouldn't and how you shouldn't and discussing birth control and condoms and anal and ass to mouth and mouth to other parts, it's just over-freaking-whelming and scary and hard.
And I know there's at least ONE other person who feels like me (don't worry, won't name you here). And we have nowhere to turn to, but each other. Hence the blog. A place where we, the Virgins-for-only-right-now-until-we-somehow-get-to-it-eventually can come, and not feel judged or applauded, or scared or self-righteous. Where I can honestly ask how the hell I'm supposed to bring it up with a boy, when I'm supposed to bring it up with him, when I'm supposed to bring it up with my friends (during the birth control discussions of course), how to act, where to act, and all the fucking bullshit that comes with being a fucking virgin.

I promise to try my hardest to be impartial, and when I'm not, please by all means, feel free to call me out (Like Kya did the other day, which lead to part two. On a completely unrelated note, Kya? Really? That's what you're going as? Okay then. :p) And for all you Virgins-for-only-right-now-until-we-somehow-get-to-it-eventually, welcome, and I hope you have fun. And you know, learn something. Or get helped. Or something. I dunno, I'll stop writing now :)

Any question, rants or just random shit to say? Comment, pretty pretty please, or inbox me :) Would love to hear from my 2, maybe 3 readers? :p

2 comments:

  1. First let me address the Kya thing. The day i made the account i was going through baby names and their meanings (DO NOT ASK!) and Kya means diamond in the sky and i thought it was adorable so SHURRUP!!!!!!
    Second, i love how blatantly honest you are. Really.... i admire it. I was a little upset that you hadn't blogged in a while so im glad you got around to it.
    and sweetie ofcourse it's scary because it's your first time to do something. like the first time you swim, or your first day at kindergarten or even your first kiss. During my first kiss i had no idea what to do. like where do i put my hands and what side should i lean my head and omg! how much tongue should i use, should i use tongue at all? but i trusted him to lead me and i trusted my lips to take care of the rest and it went great :)
    obviously it's not the same thing but my point is, ALL first times are scary and no one can really tell you what to expect because people's experiences are different. like you said, it's a biological process. when the time comes, trust him and trust your body, it'll know what to do.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby names? I don't wanna know. I really don't :p
      Thank you. I do try to be honest, I do :)
      Lol, yeah. When it happens, it happens :)

      Hey, I have an idea! You should write a post, from the *cough cough* experienced side :)
      DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!!!:D

      Delete